Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

October 1, 2018

BATS for October!

Oh, my heavens this week where to even begin! 

I guess to start I was cooking with my companion and I walk into our living room and I see a bat flying towards me I scream so loud and my companion is confused, and the bat hits the wall (I think from my scream I scared the bat haha) and falls to the floor. I’m yelling bat and my companion is like “What is bat?” and I point to it on the ground.  The next thing I hear is her screaming and running to get the broom. Then I open the door and my companion while screaming sweeps the bat into the hall.  Throwing the broom and the bat into the hall of the apartment and shuts the door. I’m laughing because this is a super condensed version of all the screaming. Oh man was it funny and scary at the same time. 

Oh, another animal experience from this week we went knocking at a house of an investigator and their grandma answers she opens the door to invite us in.  Then one of her dogs’ bolts and she runs after it my companion and I just look at each other like oh no. So, we stay and watch her other dog while she is chasing one. Don’t worry though the dog is safe in the cassa she caught it. Before the other dog could run off I picked him up. I guess if you pick up a dog in Argentina all of a sudden you are there best friend.  When we finally had a chance to sit down and talk to the grandmother the dog hopped on my lap haha. The grandma is way cool we were telling her about how we are talking with her grandson and he needs permission to be baptized because he is only 17 and that he also needs to go to church. She looked at us and said oh he’s going to go to church.  I’ll take him with me to your church. WOW okay awesome! 

On the same topic of Church we had the primary program and it was so cute! The family we have investigating the church came again.  This time instead of jeans to our surprise the husband was wearing a suit and the wife was wearing a dress with a jacket because that was modest. Their kids where in white shirts! Oh, my heavens it was soo cool! We met with this family earlier in the week and they told us they had a great experience with the church on Sunday. They said that they loved how when they were singing the hymns they felt good and they loved how the music wasn’t rock music. They also reassured us that they like rock music. Which I thought was cute but they said they like the hymns for church because it makes their heart feel different and they can feel Gods love for them! We also invited them to start reading the Book of Mormon every day. They were like yeah we are already doing that and they started quoting scriptures from 2 Nephi! Wowowow! It’s so good! This Sunday their son said he wanted to do FHE (Family Home Evening). This is where the family gets together, and you share a scripture as a family to discuss a gospel topic such as “Christ like love” or “kindness”. A member from the ward gave them a booklet and was really helping them out and told us he wants to come with us to the lessons we have with this family! Also during gospel principles we were talking about how we believe that families can be together forever and this is done in the temple and Family Abdala our investigators eyes lit up and they really wanted to know how they could have that blessing in their lives! Then our teacher hit all the points we did early in the week reemphasizing the importance or faith in Jesus Christ repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Oh, it was so good. 

Other thoughts for this week. We had lunch at a family’s house from the Ward and there little boy was so cute he had a shoe box he colored green for a soccer stadium and had a white cap for a soccer ball. Then he had mini erasers for the soccer players from Argentina.  Oh, it was so cute! He was cheering for his team and he had a little ref.  Then he turned on to YouTube and was watching clips from a soccer game in the past and was screaming and cheering.  It was so cute!  I think this 7 year old is the biggest soccer fan ever. 

Oh, my heavens this is really funny!  So my companion was wearing a long skirt and we were walking and this little girl says hi to me so I wave hi from across the street. Then she turns to her mom and says mom it’s a Gipsy pointing to my companion haha. It was so funny. Anyway, this week has been good I hope everyone is having a good week! 

Love you all! 
Hermana DUNN



No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...