Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Monday, November 26, 2018

November 19, 2018

Hola!

This week has been crazy and fun. We have had some really good lessons and contacts with personas.  We were able to have members present.  Then on Sunday we had some members in the ward pass by for a guy we have been teaching for about a month and he loved the church.  He has friends in the church and he wanted to read the scriptures it was so good.  The problem a lot of the time is they don’t want to go to church but when the have friends of members that will go with them it makes it so much easier for them to feel involved.  I’m so thankful for a loving ward.  We also ran literally by some house in the morning before church and picked up DIANA who also has a date for baptism and she enjoyed it as well! 

Today I cooked for my district a Thanksgiving meal Argentinean style!  I made steak homemade mash potatoes and avocado dip.  Then some homemade cinnamon rolls to top it off. Haahaa!  It was good! We also had conference this week one of the Elders greeted me and said that I was the best cook in the whole mission!  I guess it has gotten around I like to cook. Haha!  

I was also crazy sick during conference I had a fever of 102 and after conference President sent me to the doctor.  There I was with my companion and the doctor said I had two options a pill or an injection and an injection was easier, so I looked at my companion and asked where is the injection. I’m sure glad I asked because she said “In my bum” in Spanish. Then I replied in very loud English kind of in shock “In my BUM! Oh, heck no!!! Pills.”  It was really funny for my companion and I left the hospital with a prescription for pills then when I got to the pharmacy I bought the pills then they didn’t have change so they gave me an extra pill. I’ve taken them all haha and I feel much better! 

Oh, I also was walking and was thinking wow these rocks here in Argentina are really pointy because I can feel it through my shoes.  It turns out I have a hole in one of my shoes. Haha! It’s always been on my bucket list to get a whole in a pair of shoes like this! But I need these babies to last me 4 more months.  Haha goals!

I love you all I hope you all had a great week!!

Love,
Hermana DUNN







No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...