Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Happy 4th OF JULY!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

Feelings:
This week has been crazy! the first day in the CCM we started speaking Spanish! I think my Spanish is hurting my teacher’s ears, I think it is very American sounding ha-ha. As soon as we got to the CCM we had a devotional it was so good we talked about Alma 57:19-20. For those who are not LDS Alma is in the Book of Mormon, and we believe it is another testament of Jesus Christ along with the Bible.  Alma were taking about the 2000 stripling warriors who were going up against great odds and how they took what they had learned from their parents and trusted in the Lord they were able to conquer and become great. They compared the warriors to us and how we are a few missionaries in number and we have been taught by our parents the truth and we are sacrificing our time to help others come unto Christ. It just really touched my heart.

Another experience I had it in a devotional with our district (or small church group) and I was feeling really discouraged about Spanish.  I am not very good at English because I'm dyslexic. An Elder said he felt like he needed to share the story of Moses and how God appeared to him in the burning bush and how Moses questioned why he was called to be a prophet of God. But he was able to lead the people. I feel like Moses, questioning why I need to speak Spanish, I am so far behind and struggling but as soon as the Elder shared this scripture It gave me so much comfort knowing that if Moses was bad at speech but was still able to lead the people in Egypt I can learn Spanish and teach those I meet in Argentina.

Laughter:
MIISSION KISSES
Our district leader is kind of uptight, but he is a good man. Anyway, our room was cleaned, and we received Hershey kisses on our beds. So my Companions and I decided to tell him I got a kiss last night. We let the other elders in our district in on it too. Oh, my heavens if I could only describe his face and his concern it was priceless. After his okay let me think we told him it was a chocolate kiss hahahahahahahahaha it was soo funny. 

Some of the rules here are funny too.  The Mexican who was over the gym said to Americans that we are not allowed to dunk because Americans 100% of the time get hurt. He said this rule does not apply to Mexicans because we cannot dunk. lol.

Miscellaneous:
The CCM is so pretty it’s like a tropical paradise. I love the weight room they have free weights!! We also play v-ball which is the bomb because there is a setter in my district!! Also today we played kickball and I am super competitive I slid into first base probably 4 times haha which made everyone scream in excitement lol. 

Oh another highlight of my week was our language teacher said you have permission to ruin my language. I feel like I have taken that to heart lol.  I poped a basketball I threw it at the rim then instantly it started deflating. I must be stronger in Mexico or they don't get their basketballs from Japan like Americans lol.  Everything feels like I am drinking out of a fire hose. 

Love you all
Hermana Dunn






No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...