Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Thursday, July 12, 2018

July 11, 2018

Hello! 
This week has been so crazy and fun!

Spanish!
My Spanish is improving little by little and I think it might have to do with the 287 plus note cards I have been studying. I can finally pray in Spanish but it’s a generic prayer I am working on learning how to make more sentences, so I can personalize my prayers more. 

Big News! 
Hermana Jojola, Hermana Bitner and I have been assigned to be Sister training Leaders. In this assignment we are responsible for the sisters in our zone, making sure missionary rules are kept, loving the Hermana’s and Elders, and also conducting Sunday lessons. Also, our awesome district leaders are now zone leaders! Big changes!

Guess What!
Last Saturday we found out there is yoga class on Saturday mornings and we were planning on going to the class, but we missed it then Hermana Bennit our CCM mission president was looking for a new instructor for yoga since that was her last week... and well with my ACSM certificate I am the new yoga instructor on Saturday mornings 6 am sharp! I did a mock yoga class with my companions under a palm tree it was so magical! And when we played volleyball outside we are surrounded by palm trees. It’s beautiful!

Service Project!
We had a service project this week and our district weeded!!!!!!! I never thought I would be so excited to pull some weeds, but it was relaxing! lol I have never said that before. I also ended up pulling the most weeds out of everyone in our district ha-ha.

Blessings!
I was having a rough day earlier this week. then all of a sudden, the district leaders’ hand me 4 letters form my little brothers back home I couldn’t help but to get all teary eyed it was the sweetest thing. I love you BOYS! All their letters had some sort of joke and riddle it was so funny! Then later in the day we were talking about how good some chocolate chip cookies would be and I kept dreaming about Stephens cookies because they are the best ever! And that night for dinner we had chocolate chip cookies! Also this week we got out of lunch and there was a rainbow perfectly surrounding the sun. It was so cool I have never seen a rainbow circling the sun before!

Devotional!
We had the best devotional ever last night President and sister Bennit spoke! My favorite points are as follows. we come to know God through our trials, faith doesn’t prevent failure it makes it meaningful, this is a gospel of miracles and pure happiness only comes from the gospel. And my favorite "Do it the Lords Way" in everything we do the Lord’s way is always better than what we could have ever imagined. 

Scriptures!
Charity is the pure love of Christ! It is so important we have charity and love for others. In Moroni 7: 43-48 and I Corinthians 13: 1-8. There is a challenge I would like to extend. Please open the Book of Mormon to any page and start reading because I guarantee it is what you need to here we had a devotional on the power of the Book of Mormon and this experiment that was done where they took pages out of the Book of Mormon had people pick whatever page they wanted and in every page each person was uplifted and knew that the Book of Mormon is true. 


I love you all! Sorry we do not have any pictures today! We are going to the temple but I will definitely have some for next week!

Love,
Hermana Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...