Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Sunday, July 22, 2018

July 18, 2018

Hola!

This week has been crazy and fun! 

Temple
We went to the Mexico Temple and it is absolutely gorgeous! It was so nice and peaceful inside I absolutely loved it and did not want to leave! 



Package
I also got a package and a letter from my mom and dad this week! Shout out to my awesome parents for the MEGA stuffed Oreos! They are sooo good! With my companions and my package, we made a mini pantry in our casa with the extra closet we have lol... we are praying that the cleaning lady who checks our room doesn’t find out ha-ha. Oh, I have also been converted.... to Nutella. to be honest I was not so sure then one day I decided to but peanut butter and Nutella on my toast and it is the best thing I have ever eaten in my whole life right under my mom’s cooking because nothing can beat that. 

Spanish
Speaking along the lines of food our district started an English fast where we go 24 hours from not speaking English! They are exhausting and sometimes I feel like Arial (from The Little Mermaid) not being able to say what I want to and basically playing 24-hour long game of charades. But it has been good.  I also got really down on myself this week not being very good at Spanish and honestly, I was starting to think the gift of tongues was not a thing I was so stressed because I have prayed for it so many times, but I felt like I couldn’t improve. Then I turned to Alma 32:26 to 27 and it gave me so much comfort. Then my District Leaders Elder Blackburn and Elder Perkins asked if I wanted a blessing and I’m positive they were prompted by the Spirit. After that I now know I will receive the gift of tongues and I know God is watching over me and recognizing the work I am putting into learning Spanish. I am very thankful for the Elders in my district who are so in tune with the Spirit. Also, the Zone Leaders (Elder Heugly and Elder Tuipulotu) have been helping me learn Spanish and we have been going over the sounds of the letters and vowels. It has been really good and fun. 

New Hermanas
This week as Sister Training Leaders, we taught Relief Society it was way fun! We also received 5 new Hermana missionaries! So, the Zone Leaders and us bought them all notebooks as a welcoming gift and put our favorite scripture in it along with fun snacks and tips for new comers. We also had a devotional and in it I shared Mathew 4:20 I think (I could be wrong) thats where the lady had a blood illness for 12 years and had so much faith in the Savior that she knew when she touched his clothes that she would be healed. One of my favorite stories ever. Anyway, in the devotional we were talking about trials and I just shared that scripture along with my thoughts that I will share to you all. I am so grateful for the trials I have in my life and that might sound crazy, but my hardest trials are my biggest blessings because they have allowed me to grow closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior. 

Volleyball
One last fun comment Our district always plays Volleyball together!! It is so fun! The other day we played volleyball and I went up for the set and so did and Elder Tui and BOOM collision hahahahahahahahahah it was a hoot. Every time our district plays volleyball we are ROTFLing because everyone is sooo funny and joking around its a blast. I also started a quote book full of the funny things our district says to each other is sooo funny. Some of my favorites Hermana 8a says about his girlfriend’s name " her name is Ireland... why you have a normal name?... do not tell her I said that" it’s all in broken Spanish is so funny. 


YOGA
I forgot to talk about YOGA! I taught yoga at 6am Saturday morning it was a blast! It was really funny to watch the elders try to be flexible and one sister told me to make it really hard for next week because the elders from their district are coming haha. Also, the Mission CCM presidency comes too so its way fun doing yoga to some MOTAB lol!

That’s all for this week!
Love, Hermana Dunn


 Mexico outside the CCM they reselling food out of shopping carts but it looks really good.










3 comments:

  1. You are doing GREAT! I love the picture of all the colored canopy's of the street vendors.Keep up the good work. All the different ways they are trying to teach you Spanish sounds fun!Give yourself some wiggle room on the Spanish, you just got there! It will come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience Katie! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and looking on the positive side of things. The language stuff will happen -- little by little without you're even realizing it, and then you'll be dreaming in Spanish!! Love you much and miss your sweet smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work. It's great to hear of your stories. Your labors will bless many!

    ReplyDelete

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...