Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September 17, 2018

HOLA!

Where to start... Haha! This week has been a little crazy! 

All the Missionaries in training went to Salta with their trainers. There we had a conference and played a bunch of games. That was really fun. We also got to talk to President and his wife about our experience as missionaries and how we are dealing with a new culture. It was good to hear that I wasn’t the only one feeling a little overwhelmed by the culture changes as well haha. After the conference we headed back to Tucuman but we had a couple hours at the bus station and I brought Uno so the time went by pretty fast. And then when we got bored of Uno for 2 hours we played PENS! It’s like spoons which is the best game on the planet, but we used Uno cards and pens because that is all we had haha. 

This week my companion and I helped out the Young Women in making paper flowers for their Stake activity. Also, all the missionaries in our zone put on a little skit for the Young Women in teaching them how they can introduce their friends to the church and inviting them to go to dances with them. 

After the Conference my companion and I went tracking and we were headed to an investigator who had a baptismal date. On our way my companion and I are talking about different Spanish concepts to help me learn then the next thing I know there is a drunk guy yelling “rubio” which means blonde in Spanish “Come here rubio” ... Oh man I was like "What?"  Then my companion was like "No English!" And we looked behind us and this drunk guy was following us, so we ran past the corner to the Liberia and hid there for 30 min before my companion made sure it was still safe to go outside. Then we headed on our way again and saw this man again! So, we look at each other and ran back to the church which is like 10 blocks away. Then I practiced piano for an hour before we had to go to our apartment. We are going to talk to President about letting us study at night on the weekends and track in the morning because it is safer. 

Maybe it was supposed to happen because the next day we went back and the family we have been trying to meet was home and they want to get married and have their daughter baptized! They also have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. They said, "We know its true we just want to get married before we go to church."  We also did a lot of contacting this week we had a lesson about the Plan of Happiness and where we go after this life with this lady and her eyes lit up when we told her we believe that you can have your family for eternity! I also made a Plan of Happiness diagram out of magazines because a lot of the people we teach can’t read so we think visuals will help! 

I hope everyone Is having a great week! 

Oh yeah, before I forget ... Dog update: We saw a dog that looked like Chewbacca from Star Wars... huge haha!  And we ate lunch with a lady who had 7 dogs and contacted someone who had 10! I’m trying to find the lady with 101 Dalmatians haha!

Love you all!

Hermana Dunn









1 comment:

  1. Glad your safe Kiddo. Enjoy the experience and remember to listen closely to the spirit and pray about everything. -Bro. Ward

    ReplyDelete

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...