Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September 10, 2018

Hola!

This week has been a little Crazy. First off, we were doing the regular tracking in the street and this lady comes bursting out of her house with a crutch in her hand and in the air. yelling who knows what in Spanish to this dog. This poor dog gets chased by this old lady for like 2 blocks. And when she’s done she puts her crutch down from the air and starts limping back to her house lol it was quite a sight. 

We also had a meal this week and it was quite interesting this lady had 7 dogs...7... I counted twice. there were everywhere on the table in the yard on our lap. One even caught a mouse lol it was a very eventful afternoon. 

We also had interviews with the Mission President he came to our casa and said out washer is way old, and we can get a new one! It’s so exciting haha. His assistants also came, and I offered them some Puppy Chow that I made earlier in the day and those poor Elders ate the whole thing they were just so hungry. OH, and we got our oven fixed!!!!! The only thing we have to do now to get it to work is put a match under the oven to get it started! I have made cinnamon roles and pizza Bread! and Steve’s cookies! Yum! I love the oven!  

Despite all of this fun this week we had a rough day we were getting rejected at every house we had multiple people say they couldn’t understand my Spanish and then a parrot tried to bite me an investigator we invited for baptism went to jail. It was a rough night, so my companion and I headed to Vea and we each bought off brand Oreos and a carton of milk.  Then we went to the apartment and I poured a bowl full of milk and dumped all three sleeves in the bowl... the personal trainer in me was very disappointed but the kid in me was really excited. Then we went to bed. And had a miracle the next day we met a guy and he was way excited to hear the Gospel and he started reading the Book of Mormon right in front of us, so we gave him a pamphlet and he read that and now we have a meeting with him for baptism! 

Also, fun fact I am going to be playing the piano for the primary in two Sundays, so I have been practicing playing the piano every night after tracking with both hands haha. And before district meetings I was practicing the piano and these two Elders was helping a Hermana learn English she is from Chili and they were teaching he teach and teached and I was playing the piano and laughing and then she was asking how do you say the difference and one Elder is like hold on let me ask he get another Elder and asks how do you say the difference and they are talking about it for a good 3 min and I’m just by the piano laughing really hard then I’m like okay teached is not a word its taught hahahahahahahahahahaha. idk in the moment it was a hoot. I hope you all are doing well!

Love 
Hermana Dunn







No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...