Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;" (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2-3)

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

December 24, 2018

Hola! 

Merry Christmas!

This week had been so fun! Even though its 100 degrees outside its starting to feel like Christmas.  We had a Christmas conference it was so fun, but I forgot my camera and so did my companion…Haha Oh- well.   Our zone performed a skit for this conference we were making a “movie” and had a “camera man” and “the director” and we just kept repeating the same skit of a missionary being robbed with a bunch of different scenarios like sad angry fast and scared- different ones like this.  When they got to the scared scenario in the practice they would have “jaws” music and then the Elders got an idea to have a Hermana scream.  It was so funny they were thinking out loud and one Elder said “We need a Hermana who’s loud”… and Before he finished saying the word loud he looked at me and said Hermana Dunn! Haha….So in the conference I screamed- but for the skit lol.  We also at Zone conference has a white Elephant.  I bought a Mate and wrapped it like a mate Haha.  My companion and I also make a Christmas tree out of some paint and paper we found!  

Okay not to the exciting part the mission work!  Yesterday my companion and I visited on of our personas he doesn’t have a family or a house, but he is really good person.  So yesterday we read the birth of Christ in Luke and then we wrapped a bunch of Alfajors (cookies) and put scriptures on them then we gave him a Christmas tree (after the Lesson).  It was so sweet.  He was way surprised. Aldo this week we went contacting with the cards/invitations the church has with the Virgin Mary on it (and Christ of course).   We contacted a house that had a lot the Virgin Mary pictures taped to the door and an old lady answered and we were talking with her than all of a sudden, her son probably 40 years old said “We (meaning us the missionary’s and them) are not in the same relationship” Haha!  Then the older lady said, “you mean religion” Then they started pointing to the different Virgin Mary that were taped to her door and I still had this invitation in my hand.  So, I looked at the lady and said, “Well this card has the Virgin Mary on it would you like to put this on your door?” She took the card and the son was like Ahh no but it was too late  Haha! 

Well I love you all Have a great Merry Christmas!

Love,
Hermana Dunn



No comments:

Post a Comment

April 1, 2019

Hola,  It's been forever! How is everyone doing?   I guess I'll just summarize how life has been.  Now we get to talk with ...